The Cemsorb binding fleece is a high-performance binding agent, for the immediate absorption of damaged or spilled hazardous substances or to safely prevent the spread of hazardous liquids. Cemsorb stands for: Environmental protection, safety and cleanliness in operation, absorbent, environmentally friendly, cost-saving, clean. When absorbing leaks around machines and in the event of accidents, Cemsorb quickly makes the accident area or workplace ready for use again.
Perfectly equipped at all times - cloth rolls, havariests and emergency equipment
A high degree of caution is always required when handling hazardous substances. Especially in an urgent emergency, absorbent cloths should always be at hand. Depending on the intended use, a distinction should be made in advance when selecting the appropriate wipes. For example, there are special cloths which absorb oil without any problems but are water-repellent. Thinner chemical substances, such as water-polluting mixtures, may not be absorbed by the cloth. Universal emergency kits can provide a remedy in acute emergencies.
Why binders made of polypropylene fibres?
Oil binding fleeces offer the following advantages:
- an exceptionally high absorption capacity (up to 25 times its own weight)
- depending on the area of application, bonding fleeces are used that either absorb only oil (but no water), or those that absorb all liquids, including chemicals.
Consumption and disposal costs are reduced:
- thanks to their light weight, bonding fleeces can be used quickly
- they do not cause dust and do not need to be swept up at great expense
- in preventive use they prevent slipping hazards
- in contrast to granulates, the quantity used can always be controlled
- Binding fleeces have a good calorific value and produce less than 0.05 % ash residue when disposed of.
Different binders for different applications
Designed to absorb hydrocarbons, not water. Ideal for absorbing oil on water and bodies of water.
Designed to safely absorb oil and oil derivatives. They are hydrophobic, they do not absorb water.
Designed to absorb all types of liquids. Not suitable for use on water surfaces. Suitable for absorbing liquids under machinery, on workbenches and where liquids have spilled on the floor.
Designed to absorb all types of liquids. The yellow warning colour makes it particularly suitable for absorbing oil and chemicals in the chemical industry and laboratories.
Advantages of Cemsorb binders:
- absorb up to 18 times their own weight in liquids
- can be used quickly and easily, are simply placed on the spilled liquid and the liquid is absorbed in a very short time
- tailored to the specific application
- makes the accident area or workplace quickly ready for use again
Different properties for different applications.
First (single layer)
Fast and maximum absorption of liquids on the floor and on the water surface. The absorption of liquids is proportional to the thickness of the binding fleece. In the assortment for water protection the products are not perforated. In our range for industry, the cloths and rolls are perforated for optimum, cost-saving use.
SM (double layer)
The top of these products is reinforced with a spunbonded fabric, which has been attached by a melt-blown process with hot calendering. The 100% lint free surface makes the product tear resistant. Application : for mopping, on the work surface and preventively for laying out around machinery and vehicles.
The product is made for durable and heavy duty use. It is double sided reinforced and 100% lint free on both sides. It is also abrasion resistant and smooth. The impermeable, non-slip film on the underside makes the product ideal for protecting floors, workstations, work surfaces, as well as for maintenance work.
SMF (three layer, non-slip)
The reinforced, lint-free and non-slip mat is ideal for use as a work surface. It can be walked on and driven over. The three-layer structure of this mat is characterised in particular by abrasion and tear resistance.