PROTECTO - A success story in storage and environmental technology
From very small beginnings, Protectoplus Lager- und Umwelttechnik GmbH from Rendsburg, has developed into one of the leading companies for the safe storage of hazardous substances.
Follow the main stages of the company here, which has been in existence for 25 years in 2018.
- PROTECTO continues to grow and closes the most successful financial year in the company's history.
- PROTECTO obtains DIBt approval for the fire protection containers and fire protection cells of the BLS type series in F90.
As of December 2016, PROTECTO is the first and only holder of this important approval.
Please also read our technical article in the company blog "Der Umweltpartner".
- PROTECTO receives the classification of European standard EN 13501-2 for the fire protection bearing type series BLS . This standard corresponds to the fire protection classification EI90 with a fire resistance duration of 90 minutes.
(Update 2016/2017: after obtaining the DIBt approval for the German market, the fire protection bearings according to EN 13501-2 are specifically intended for export)
- Protectoplus Lager- und Umwelttechnik GmbH, Rendsburg, has been in existence for 20 years and successfully holds its own in the market.
- PROTECTO publishes a catalogue for Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Denmark for the first time and also provides an English version. The circulation is 75,000 copies.
- New distribution partner in Switzerland: Motorex/Toptech. In connection with this, publication of a PROTECTO product catalogue for Switzerland.
- Delivery of the first fire protection bearings to China and Libya.
- Production of the current general programme catalogue "Safe storage of hazardous substances" with 116 pages.
- Development of a new generation of hazardous material storage systems made of sheet steel with insulated panels: BCK fire protection storage system.
- Acquisition of the majority shares of Protectoplus by Chemowerk GmbH, Weinstadt. Thus expansion of the product range to include GRP sumps, pumps, containers, tanks etc.
- Market entry with sales partners in Scandinavia.
- New sales partner in Benelux: Parema, Netherlands.
- Protecto takes over the environmental technology division of the Menshen Group.
- Protecto wins a major contract from the US Army in Germany: more than 70 shelf containers were delivered.
- Protecto begins with the development, manufacture and sale of its first hazardous materials storage system.
- Protectoplus was founded by ACO Severin Ahlmann GmbH & Co KG in Rendsburg.
- In the same year first production and sale of collection trays made of sheet steel.